Tuesday, September 10, 2013

WE CALL YOU FRIEND

Come + See

SlowExposures
September 20 - 29  2013
FIN FUR FEATHER FOLIAGE
Whiskey Bonding Barn

Molena GA




COLTON VINCENT - THE SALE

MALGORZATA  FLORKOWSKA - EYE

MARILYN ROGERS - UNTITLED

MATT BROWN - UNTITLED from  THE DOG WATER BLUES SERIES

TERRI GARLAND _ GIRL AND SQUIRREL

COLTON VINCENT  - BUNNY

As a child of the late forties  growing up I had little to say "there is that expression children are meant to be seen not heard "I guess the best children were those that were never heard or seen.This virtue gave certain children a special power, a knowing empathy with their world


I stayed on a small farm my grandmother had which was in the suburbs. Not really a farm but a bit of land with goats a couple turkeys a pig or two some laying hens and a rooster a garden and many fruit trees. In the city the house we lived in had pear peach and pecan trees in the backyard there was always harvesting going on.



What surprised me the most was animal husbandry and the idea of pets how can anything cage, chain, beaten,sold or be dependent be considered a friend.What kind of friendship is that? After seeing chickens killed the old fashion way I gave up eating chicken for 20 years . As I start putting this show together it became darker and darker, I dug deeper into my memories . 

No comments:

Post a Comment