Wednesday, September 18, 2013

THE INSPIRATION

Come + See
SlowExposures
September 20 - 29  2013
FIN FUR FEATHER FOLIAGE
Whiskey Bonding Barn
Molena GA
SUSAN WORSHAM - MARGARET WITH HUMMING BIRD VINE


This image by Susan Worsham is the one that inspired this exhibition.I saw it last fall ,I knew the flower and had seen hummingbirds sipping their nectar,All of sudden it took me back to a day when I was looking out my window thinking only of that moment (in the moment you are not thinking about it you are living) and the little faire birds flitting about.

They were the first hummingbirds I ever saw up really close and of course they were magical and the silence and green held me captive one late summer afternoon.                      

This spring I was asked recommend photographer for a new book about the South and this was one of the images that came immediately to mind. The simplicity of this photograph is part of its' power.It allows you to fill in the details.Susan and I met this summer and I was able to tell her about my reactions to her wedsite.She was a pleasure to be with as many of the photographs on her
site are.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment