Thursday, July 19, 2012

Dogwater Blues : Matt Brown








I met Matt Brown earlier this year while doing portfolio reviews
in Serenbe Georgia. When I saw this work I was reminded of a signature image by Michael Smith.But this work goes beyond that, there is a range of emotions from humor to grief . The thing that made me come back to this work was the unspoken, the gray middle of waiting and frustration, about not knowing what to do
with one's self. I think most of these dogs are chained because they would run off .


Six images does not show the entire photo essay which made me feel a great sadness, I will admit that this edit is about form and texture therefore I urge you too go http://mmbrown.arloartists.com/ to see the artist's statement and portfolio


all images copyright  Matthew Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment