Wednesday, May 23, 2012

I Was Searching For Quiet : Rafaelo Kazakov

During the past few days my thoughts have been about  portraying quiet, defining it with images. The usual way to show it is by showing emptiness . I look at a number photographs of empty rooms, a lot of them had shadows. Shadows can be very quiet even when they are chaotic . I drift . These Images are by Rafaelo Kazakov, from a series called Rupture there are 30, 40 x 60 inches digital pigment prints in the group.

Rafaelo went back to his boyhood home to make these pictures, I think Rupture speaks volumes about memory and returning .There is also an  overwhelming sense of dread and grief that daylight stifles.

©2012 Rafaelo Kazakov

©2012 Rafaelo Kazakov

©2012 Rafaelo Kazakov

©2012 Rafaelo Kazakov

©2012 Rafaelo Kazakov

©2012 Rafaelo Kazakov

©2012 Rafaelo Kazakov

©2012 Rafaelo Kazako

No comments:

Post a Comment